Top 3 Mediterranean Yacht Events to Attend in 2014
With the Mediterranean summer season just around the corner and as the end of the European winter is now in sight, it is time once again, to turn our attention away from the Caribbean and back to Europe, where there are several months of yachting events to look forward to. Here are three of the most important events this summer.
Antibes Yacht Show:
Whilst 2014 kicked off with the Dusseldorf Boat Show in January, the Mediterranean season really gets going in April, with the one of the most important yacht shows of the year taking place in the French Riviera port town of Antibes. This four day show is perfectly timed just before the beginning of high season, allowing guests to browse options for their summer yacht charter in the Mediterranean.
– This year, the show will kick off on April 23rd 2014
– Exhibitor’s cocktail Friday 25th April, a fantastic opportunity to meet the exhibitors and make contacts.
– More information can be found at www.antibesyachtshow.com/en/show/events/.
Palma Superyacht Cup 2014:
As the longest running regatta in Europe, the Palma Superyacht Cup remains an important competition and still attracts huge numbers of superyacht charters. Competitors participate against one another in what is a highly competitive atmosphere. For those looking for a more leisurely time, the Balearic event has plenty of opportunities to attend glamorous events in the evenings.
– The event lasts four days with the first race on the 18th June 2014.
– The event takes place in the old port of Palma de Mallorca – just 10 minutes from the airport.
– The prizes will be awarded on Saturday 21st June 2014.
Monaco Yacht Show:
During July and August, the luxury yacht charter season is in full swing on the Mediterranean – this busy period means there are not many shows or events taking place. However, come September, yachting enthusiasts from around the globe descend on glamorous Monte Carlo for perhaps the most anticipated show of the year – the Monaco Yacht Show.
– The show begins on Wednesday 24th September 2014.
– The event is spread out over 4 days and has over 80 events.
– View over 500 different exhibitors and 100 superyachts over the course of the event.
– Tickets are priced at €80 for a day pass follow this link for more information
The Monaco Yacht Show is by far the most prestigious event in the Mediterranean and is not to be missed for yacht brokers and yacht service providers alike.
2014 promises to be another great year for yachting, and if you would like any further details about these events or about chartering a yacht this year, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at www.aquacruise.com/contact-us/.